Keyword searches allow users to search text fields for specific whole words and/or phrases. Keyword searches have the following restrictions and limitations:
- The Keyword search will search all fields, both visible & hidden. If a match is found in a hidden field, the system will automatically include that column in the results.
- Searches are performed for whole words only. For example, assuming the database contains only the word 'Melanoma', searching for 'Mela' will return no results while searching for 'Melanoma' will return results.
- Keyword searches are not case sensitive. Searching for 'MELANOMA' is equivalent to searching for 'Melanoma'.
- To search for a phrase (i.e., prostate carcinoma) place double quotes around the phrase (i.e., "prostate carcinoma"). Single quotes are not supported.
- All search terms are used to perform the keyword search using the 'AND' operator. This means only items that contain all of the terms entered in the keyword search box will be returned.